Our school is a welcoming, Catholic community, with Christ at the centre.
Through worship, we come together to listen and speak to God, to spread the Gospel message and to move forward in faith together.
As “Guardians of life and creation”; we work together with respect, understanding, honesty and joy, to develop love, tolerance and justice for all.
We strive for greatness in our learning, we develop our unique talents and each day we take pride in all our efforts and achievements.
- To promote God, Gospel values, spirituality and faith in Jesus Christ.
- To promote the development of each individual to have respect for themselves and for one another.
- To provide a rich, broad and balanced curriculum, allowing all to achieve their best by meeting the needs of all and promoting high expectations.
- To provide a warm, welcoming, caring environment which is safe and stimulating.
- To promote a strong partnership between school, family, parish and community.
To promote God, the Gospel values, spirituality and faith in Jesus Christ.
This will be achieved by:
- Effective, thorough planning and delivery of the R.E Curriculum with ‘Come and See’ and ‘The Way the Truth and the Life‘.
- Evidence of prayer life.
- Evidence of a worshipping community.
- Encouragement of sense of responsibility within the school, wider community and our global community e.g. care of the less well off in and out of school.
- Christ is recognised in each and every one of us.
To promote the development of each individual to have respect for themselves and for one another.
This will be achieved by:
- A School Discipline and Anti Bullying policy, with clear rules and good role models which creates a calm atmosphere when appropriate.
- Worshipping and celebrating as a community.
- Celebrating successes and achievements e.g. Assemblies, Prize Giving, Certificates and a Marking policy.
- Showing respect for other people’s views by learning to take turns, showing forgiveness, listening to one another, sharing ideas and participating in circle time.
- Showing respect for all members of the school community and visitors.
- An ‘Equality and Diversity Opportunities’ policy.
- Providing a rich, broad and balanced curriculum which places equal emphasis on academic, aesthetic, cultural, moral, social and spiritual development and reflects the needs and creativity of the individual.
- Planning work that matches individual needs activities that are differentiated.
- Planning and providing opportunities for individual/pair and group work.
- Reviewing work and use assessment and data to inform planning.
- Setting targets for and with children.
- Fostering respect and understanding of other faiths and beliefs, through visits and resources e.g. interactive whiteboard resources.
- To plan learning opportunities that matches a variety of learning styles.
- Encouraging independent working e.g. by providing accessible and well labelled resources.
Download | Mission Statement and Aims