Download | Sports-Premium-2015-16
What is the Sports Premium?
- The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding.
- The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and Physical Education for all their children.
- At St. Joseph & St Bede R.C. Primary School we have received £9,370.
- The money can only be spent on sport and Physical Education provision in schools.
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of Physical Education and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
How we aim to use the funding?
The governors and staff have agreed to spend the funding on:
- specialist coaches in Physical Education.
- sports specific coaching sessions in dance.
- working in partnership with other primary schools to offer opportunities for able and talented children.
- provision of staff professional development through attending sessions led by highly qualified coaches.
- purchase of sports equipment subsequent to an audit.
- transportation to School Games competitions.
The budget will be reviewed on a termly basis and adjustments will be made according to the needs of the pupils and staff of St. Joseph & St Bede RC Primary School
- continuation of high quality Physical Education within Physical Education session.
- more sporting activities available after school.
- changing timetable of extra-curricular sporting activities.
- increased attendance at extra-curricular activities.
- children trying new sports and activities.
- programme created to enable all children to attend, not just children who are talented.
- increased attendance and success at sporting competitions.
- continuing intra school’s competitions.