Friends of St. Joseph & St. Bede
A PTA is an excellent way to bring together parents, teachers and your local community to raise money and to support the school. It provides an opportunity for everyone to work together towards a common goal. All parents, teachers and school staff can get involved even if they only have a small amount of time available. Our school will benefit from the additional funds it will raise and the increased opportunity for parents to be more involved in school life.
What does a PTA do?
- raise funds to help the school provide resources and extras for the pupil
- run social events for parents and children
- provide support for school trips and outings and other special events
- run after-school clubs for sport, music or drama
- organise meetings to inform parents about education issues, especially when changes are taking place