We are working towards regaining the Leading Parent Partnership award and value the support and contributions our parent’s provide in making our SJSB family as successful as we are. If you have any questions or concerns please discuss these with a member of our Parent Parentnership team- Mrs. Aspinall, Mrs. Prince and Mrs. MCDonald.
The LPPA is a recognised award that provides a challenging framework within which schools can strengthen their partnerships with parents and carers. We already have this award and are working to update our award.
The LPPA consists of ten evidence-based Objectives which schools must meet to get the award:
1. The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
2. The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
3. The school is a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
4. The school promotes an awareness of and participation in lifelong learning opportunities available in school and in the community to all groups of parents.
5. The school holds and actively promotes enrichment opportunities or events for joint parent/child participation.
6. The school provides good induction for all new parents.
7. The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
8. The school produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home school-links and improve pupil/student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress and positive participation in school.
9. The school provides good support for transition for parents when their children leave the school.
10. The school evaluates performance against the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
So what is the award?
The LPPA is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools who work very closely with the families of their pupils. The assessment is made by an external advisor.