Download | Privacy Notice
Privacy Notice – Data Protection Act 1998
We at St Joseph & St Bede RC Primary are a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act.We collect information from you and may receive information about you from your previous school and the Learning Records Service.
We hold this personal data and use it to:
• Support your teaching and learning;
• Monitor and report on your progress;
• Provide appropriate pastoral care, and
• Assess how well your school is doing.
This information includes your contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information1 and personal characteristics such as your ethnic group, any special educational needs and relevant medical information. If you are enrolling for post 14 qualifications we will be provided with your unique learner number (ULN) by the Learning Records Service and may also obtain from them details of any learning or qualifications you have undertaken.
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.
- We are required by law to pass some information about you to the Local Authority and the Department for Education (DfE)If you want to see a copy of the information about you that we hold and/or share, please contact the School Administrator.If you require more information about how the Local Authority (LA) and/or DfE store and use your information, then please go to the following websites: http://www.bury.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3500 andhttp://www.education.gov.uk/schools/adminandfinance/schooladmin/ims/datamanagement/privacy notices/a0077959/what-the-department-does-with-pupils-and-childrens-data
If you are unable to access these websites we can send you a copy of this information.
Note: Attendance is not collected for pupils under 5 at Early Years Settings or Maintained Schools as part of Censuses for the Department for Education. This footnote can be removed where Local Authorities collect attendance for under 5’s for their own specific purposes.
Please contact the LA or DfE as follows:
- Children’s Data Team Bury CouncilChildren’s Services Athenaeum House Bury
- Telephone: 0161 253 6500
- Public Communications UnitDepartment for EducationSanctuary Buildings
Great Smith StreetLondon SW1P 3BT
Telephone: 0370 000 2288